· Customize user access to areas such as libraries, projects,
project data, and drawing controls for members of
Ensure data security and
output consistency with
the ability to customize
2、Expanded Documentation For Schematic and Control
· Create Leaders and Balloon callouts on drawings along
with row numbers in Reports.
Speed up the completion
of your design and
documentation with improved
3、Electrical Splice Creation Without Components
· Create welded or soldered connections in the 3D
representation without a splice entry in the bill
Create splice connections
with or without an actual
splice component to meet
your design intent.
4、Calculation of Mass Properties For Wires, Cables, and
· Determine the mass properties of your wire, cable, and
electrical harness designs inside the 3D model of your
overall machine, product, or vehicle
Gain a more realistic
understanding of your
product by determining the
mass properties of electrical
equipment and wiring.
5、Incremental Design Update
· Have only changes made in the schematic, not the
entire design, propagate to the 3D model and flattened
Improve the speed of
updates by propagating
only design changes
6、Improved Performance of Routing Wires in 3D
· Benefit from the vastly improved speed of routing wires
in 3D, tested on customer test examples with thousands
Experiment more quickly
with electrical route path
choices inside complex
equipment to refine the
overall product design.
7、PCB/Electronics Design and Data Management
· Create electronics projects and PCB design files.
· Design file check-in and check-out, and automated
versioning of all electronics files.
· Create PDM data cards and “where used” for design files.
· Use a centralized PDM Vault storage of PCB design files.
· Set up workflow processes with notifications at
· Establish a formal release process with approvals
Better manage design data
and collaborate on electronics
product development with
both electronics and mechanical
projects and design data
aligned under one data
8、SOLIDWORKS PCB-PDM Connector
· Integrate SOLIDWORKS PCB and SOLIDWORKS PDM
Professional with PCB-PDM Connector.
· Synchronize PCB and PDM variables and parameters.
· Create PDM-based bills of materials.
· Integrate project and documentation check-in and
check-out and archiving.
· Generate virtual data cards and “where used” for
Manage PCB projects, electronics
design data, properties,
parameters, and documentation
more effectively by standardizing
electronic product data and
workflows for maximum
productivity and product quality.
9、Rigid-Flex PCB Design
· Design rigid-flex PCBs with support for rigid-flex stack-up
definitions and board-planning mode to define regions,
splits, folds, 3D-folded visualization, and DRC verification.
Design PCB circuitry to fit
geometrically complex enclosures,
saving space, improving reliability,
and addressing challenging
mounting requirements. Rigid-flex
designs can also help reduce PCB
assembly time and costs.
10、Rigid-Flex ECAD-MCAD Collaboration
· Collaborate on rigid-flex designs between SOLIDWORKS PCB
and SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD with the enhanced SOLIDWORKS
Eliminate manual ECAD-MCAD
mock-ups with seamless,
intelligent ECAD -MCAD
collaboration, ensuring rigidflex designs accurately fit and
fold within the enclosure.